What Tool Do I Need For This?

Decorating By bluedaisies Updated 20 Jul 2012 , 8:36pm by AKS

bluedaisies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluedaisies Posted 20 Jul 2012 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 3

In the links below there are impressions in the sides of the fondant on some of the tiers. Are these crimpers that she's just not crimping, cookie cutters just being pushed into the sides, or what?


2 replies
sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 20 Jul 2012 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 3

The pink cake (1st one) looks like a oval cutter to me, then they added the pleat lines. The crimper I have won't give this nice oval effect. The 2nd looked like a crimper, not squeezed of course. Very pretty effect. I suppose there could be a tool out there like the diamond one that is in these shapes, but I'm sure the cutter/crimper will work.

AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 20 Jul 2012 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 3

I agree with the evaluation of the first cake. The second I think is the PME holly crimper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%