Custard And Fruit Filling

Baking By Mel53 Updated 22 Jul 2012 , 9:17pm by Apti

Mel53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel53 Posted 20 Jul 2012 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 4

Hi,

The have a bridal request for a 3-tier white cake with a custard filling with lemon and raspberry. I'm not exactly sure how to do this but I'm thinkng of swirling lemon and raspberry jam into the custard filling? Anyone have a better idea? Thanks

3 replies
cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 20 Jul 2012 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 4

Try using lemon curd and seedless raspberry jam.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 4

You need to ask the customer what they mean. Maybe they mean a thin layer of lemon and a thin layer of raspberry and a thin layer of custard.

Anyway you also need to ask the customer how long the cake has to be out of the fridge before you make an agreement about providing custard filling.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel53

Hi,

The have a bridal request for a 3-tier white cake with a custard filling with lemon and raspberry. I'm not exactly sure how to do this but I'm thinkng of swirling lemon and raspberry jam into the custard filling? Anyone have a better idea? Thanks

I would recommend using shelf-stable "pastry filling" (often called "sleeve filling"), that does not require refrigeration.
Bavarian Cream (for the custard)
Raspberry
Lemon

A photo: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0008DIECK/?tag=cakecentral-20
----------------
Do not swirl them all together, simply cut your cakes in half horizontally (tort), and you can create a 4"-5" high cake that has the following layers (construction from bottom to top of cake):
1" cake
Raspberry pastry filling (about 1/8"-1/4" thick)
1" cake
Bavarian Cream pastry filling (about 1/8"-1/4" thick)
1" cake
Lemon pastry filling (about 1/8"-1/4" thick)
1" cake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%