Wilton Sparkle Gel And Other Icing Questions

Decorating By Drod7cakes Updated 19 Jul 2012 , 9:09pm by Pearl645

Drod7cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Drod7cakes Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 2

Okay this is my third time trying to get this posted, so if you see it three times I apologize.

I am icing two cakes tonight:

One will be white and pink buttercream with black writing, I was going to use the Wilton Sparkle Gel for the writing, will it bleed? and since it doesnt harden how will it do in transport (15 minute ride) will the writing move?

The other cake is white buttercream with a navy border will the navy buttercream border bleed?

After icing my cakes I put them in cake boxes and set them in the fridge until about an hour before delivery or pick up. The fridge is set on the lowest possible cooling setting. I have use multiple colors before but it was using star tips so never with writing.

Thanks for the help.

1 reply
Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 2

I gave up on using wilton sparkle gel. I didn't like it for writing or doing any piping because it never dried. I also noticed that the gold sparkle gel looked very watered down vs the amt of gold in it. I stick to actual gold piping that I make from under "most saved recipes". Let's see what luck others have had with this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%