Will These Work?

Decorating By funtodecorate2 Updated 25 Jul 2012 , 10:00am by mommychef

funtodecorate2 Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 7

I've never used bubble tea straws but know that alot of people do. Can you tell me the best place to purchase them online. Michaels do not carry them. I found these on amazon but wanted to make sure they were the right size and strength. The are 8" long and 1/2 in wide.
thanks, Wendy

6 replies
funtodecorate2 Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 7

No One?

shanter Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 7

Yep, those look like bubble tea straws. You could do a Google search on "bubble tea straws" and find several places that sell them. There are lots on eBay and the shipping would probably be lower than Amazon's. The straws are also available in some Asian grocery stores if you have one near (you could avoid the shipping charge).

grams Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 7

I got some big straws at Bed Bath and Beyond.

funtodecorate2 Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 7:22pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks so much icon_smile.gif

gwendy1202 Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 2:47am
post #6 of 7

I looked for these as well and had trouble finding them. I ended up going to the dollar store and buying milkshake straws. They are thicker and more durable than normal straws and worked out perfect. They were the only type of support I used in a four tier wedding cake and I had no problems whatsoever.

mommychef Posted 25 Jul 2012 , 10:00am
post #7 of 7

I found those at Wal Mart-they are also referred to as milkshake straws.

Quote by @%username% on %date%