Wrestling Ring Rope Help

Decorating By tina32 Updated 7 Mar 2014 , 5:48pm by alene

tina32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tina32 Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 6

tapedshut.gif Hi everyone, Thanks eve
Ryone for all the inspiration- Amazing work on here. I am looking for a way to make the ropes for a wresting ring cake. Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated. I have a tendency to over think a problem and make it harder so thought I would ask first. Thanks again. Tina

5 replies
milkmonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmonkey Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 6

I am not a proffessional baker but I love baking and I also love to play with my cakesicon_smile.gif So here are my two idea's...

1) you could take speghetti and wrap very fine fondant around it to look like rope perhaps? But I have been told that the speghetti will get soggy if left too long.

2) you could maybe use liquorice rope or fuit rollups? Again I am not sure what would work for you.

JanDunlevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanDunlevy Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 6

There is a candy called Twizzlers that is already braided like rope. I think it might only come in red though.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 6

I have made several, and i use red pipe cleaners. Saw that on others cakes. It worked really well.

Sunshine0063 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunshine0063 Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 11:25pm
post #5 of 6

I've made a wrestling ring cake and it is in my gallery. If I remember right I went to michael's and bought a very thin wooden dowel in the wood craft section. When I got home I painted it with red food coloring or, I think I just put some of the food coloring on seran wrap then wrapped that around the dowel and moved it up and down vs painting with a brush. After that take a clean dish towel you don't mind staining and wipe off the excess.

alene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alene Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 5:48pm
post #6 of 6

I've made several of these and used spaghetti for the wires.  I painted them black and let them dry, insert the ends into fondant/gumpaste and have never had a problem.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%