Horizontal "ruffles" On A Buttercream Cake

Decorating By cakeaholic_cakery Updated 18 Jul 2012 , 3:19am by CWR41

cakeaholic_cakery Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 1:10am
post #1 of 3

Hey Everyone,
I'm wondering if ya'll have any suggestions on creating the effect in this cake: [img]https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=890bd13d5c&view=att&th=136e7459a77fec30&attid=0.3&disp=inline&realattid=f_h1fqt1y22&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8Fwdq9g_M7G3hLeNH9nEPn&sadet=1342571883216&sads=or1uXNvOM-nP_Tj707lTOvb8wCI&sadssc=1[/img]

I hope the image worked... but incase it doesn't attach correctly - the look is basically horizontal ruffles (for lack of a better descriptive word?) moving up the cake. I have created a similar look in fondant before with the "ruffles" moving down the cake - but I haven't done a whole lot of buttercream work and cant picture how to get a similar effect with frosting...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

2 replies
cakeaholic_cakery Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 1:13am
post #2 of 3

So it looks like the image didn't make it... I wanted to clarify - I am NOT looking for this technique: http://indulgy.com/post/FxN1vc7XJ1/buttercream-ruffles.


CWR41 Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 3:19am
post #3 of 3

So pipe your rows of ruffles horizontally:

Quote by @%username% on %date%