Ck Products Website Problems

Decorating By msauer Updated 17 Jul 2012 , 7:16pm by shanter

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 16 Jul 2012 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 7

I have been ordering from CK Products for years with no problems, but when they recently updated their website, I've had nothing but problems. I've been calling in orders to customer service and every time I tell them about my problems, they take my information and say that someone will contact me, but I've gotten no resolution.

Issues include:
Signing on and updating password (and then it kicks me off)
I sign back on, but it only allows the OLD password, not the new one.
I can download the price sheet, but get kicked off when I try to open my cart.
I can no longer get past the sign on page.
When I USED to be able to get past the first page, I could only add one item to my cart before getting kicked off.
DH is a programmer and he's said the "messages" I was getting is a programming error on their end.

Do you think they just don't want to deal with orders from the "little guy"? (Sole proprieters/ $500 or less orders)?

Thanks!
Michelle

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 Jul 2012 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 7

I still order from them and haven't had any problems on the website. Now that I don't do wedding cakes, I struggle to get the minimum $125 order together. I've been calling in my orders though, since they are bad with credit card security.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 16 Jul 2012 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 7

The "new" website blows. I have a super hard time believing with how technology is today they are unable to link inventory to the website and are unable to handle shipping better then the blind crap they expect people to deal with.

Also, what is UP with not being able to select your own user name? I have to dig out an invoice anytime I need to log on because I have a hard enough time remembering my phone number, no way will this pea brain ever remember my CK account number to log onto their website!

If they weren't the only game in town for a lot of stuff I need/use, so to speak, I'd drop them all together.

Edit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edit Posted 17 Jul 2012 , 5:24am
post #4 of 7

I just received my order from them with half of the items missing, due to the lack of displayin out of stock on the website. Now two weeks wasted, I'll have to find another supplier to make sure the items needed for my upcoming weddings make it on time.
Same troubles with remembering my login info, have to find it all the time in my e-mail (my updates never took affect).
Not to mention the 3 credit cards I had to change out before I found out from Cake Central about their security issue and linked the frauds to CK. I finally got hold of them and was told to call in with the card number so they can charge it, instead of punching it in at the time of order.
I agree with FromScratch, I would drop them if they would not be the only source for some items.
Really annoying.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 17 Jul 2012 , 5:48am
post #5 of 7

It's extremely annoying when your package comes in and there are things missing. Seriously? Y'all can't specify on your website when something is out of stock? in 2012?And I have to wait till the package/invoice gets here to find out? Really? And it gets even more frustrating when you ask when they expect to have the items available and the person says I don't know or 3 to 6 weeks. You've got to be kidding me. You guys know you're dealing with businesses right, and these delays cost money. Ughh!

Unfortunately, no other supplier seems to have as much variety as they have. Tried checking out Bakery Crafts, nah, not impressed either.

3D-Sweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3D-Sweets Posted 17 Jul 2012 , 7:08pm
post #6 of 7

I just got my first CK Products order and was frustrated (as you all were) that not all the products were there. Then I saw this post - Oy! I called and spoke to the Customer Service Rep who helped me establish my account. Here are some things to note:

You can call CK and have them note your account NOT to ship any orders that have items zeroed out (that are out of stock) without calling you first. That way you can decide if you wish to get a different product or larger quantity. These notes will print at the top of every order and should prevent your being surprised by an item not being there.

As for real-time inventory, the company is working toward that. However, they do not have a time when that is expected to be up and running; likely it will be several months. They just moved to a new building in Norcross, GA, which has put this on hold. Fortunately, the above action should help keep you sane until then.

Finally I asked about the credit card, because that is SCARY. The rep is aware of a terrible rash of issues 10-12 months back, but nothing major since then. The processor was at fault in that situation (the processor gets data from companies such as CK and is mediary between company and card issuer). I'm not defending, I'm new so I don't know; I just thought folks might like to know what they had to say.

Good Luck!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 17 Jul 2012 , 7:16pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you 3-D Sweets, and welcome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%