Please Help. I Need Info. :)

Baking By smbkarla Updated 18 Jul 2012 , 2:10pm by Lcubed82

smbkarla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbkarla Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 2:27am
post #1 of 11

I haven't been on here in a while so I can't find the posts because there are way too many.,
I need to know advice on how to attach sticks to bags for cookies. What have you found that works the best. Also where can I find sticks? Is there somewhere I can order them online?
Thanks for your time it is very appreciated.
Karla

10 replies
MisterCakePro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MisterCakePro Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 1:11pm
post #2 of 11

Please explain what you mean about attach sticks to bags for cookies.

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 1:58pm
post #3 of 11

Check out this video:

http://www.karenscookies.net/Cookie-Decorating-Video-Sneaky-Cookie-Pops_ep_83-1.html

Karen's Cookies also sells the sticks you need for Cookie Pops.

globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 5:12am
post #4 of 11

You can buy the cookie sticks at any craft store like a " Michaels" or try on line. Also I used to use skewers baked into the cookie but since I learned how to tape the stick to the bag, I love it.
Just tape the stick to the back of the bag( I use clear packaging tape). Then put the cookie in the bag and tie your ribbon around the outside of the stick and around the bag where the opening of the bag is. You are basically tieing the stick to the bag as well as taping; that gives you double support. thumbs_up.gif

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 5:34am
post #5 of 11

I'm having trouble imagining this. Is there a pic anywhere of a stick attached to a bag? Would like to know more.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 5:40am
post #6 of 11

Linda, did you click on the link above?

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 7:18am
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy58

Check out this video:

http://www.karenscookies.net/Cookie-Decorating-Video-Sneaky-Cookie-Pops_ep_83-1.html

Karen's Cookies also sells the sticks you need for Cookie Pops.

OMG! thumbs_up.gif That is so clever. I just saw the video and love it. I always wanted to make cookie boquets but was afraid that I would break the cookie where the stick is either trying to wrap and tie it or when trying to insert into the foam. And you really can't tell. I can teach this to my Girl Scouts.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 11:42pm
post #8 of 11

This totally changes my game when it comes to cookie bouquets. I'm telling my boss about this!

smbkarla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbkarla Posted 17 Jul 2012 , 2:15am
post #9 of 11

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I soooo totally appreciate the responses! You are great!

agvokure448888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agvokure448888 Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 11:57am
post #10 of 11

hen put the cookie in the bag and tie your ribbon around the outside of the stick and around the bag where the openingImage

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 2:10pm
post #11 of 11

I have started attaching sticks to the back of the cookie with candy melts. I do this to make cookie cake toppers, actually attaching to bubble straws.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%