What Tip Is This? (See Pic)

Baking By BlueSkyGirl Updated 13 Jul 2012 , 10:55pm by Dayti

BlueSkyGirl Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 9

Hi All,

Can someone tell me what tip was used to swirl these ? (Looks like a 2D??)


8 replies
tiggy2 Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 9

Looks like a 1M to me.

BlueSkyGirl Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 9

You don't think it looks like the 2D rose under there?

imagenthatnj Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 10:28pm
post #4 of 9

2D just gives you more "folds" but they're similar. The cupcake photo is at a weird angle and it's difficult to tell.


Some people can use a 1M and fool you into thinking it's a 2D.

BlueSkyGirl Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 10:36pm
post #6 of 9

OK THanks,

I guess if we are having such a hard time detecting it the customer won't notice if I use the "wrong one."

cownsj Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 10:39pm
post #7 of 9

If you have both tips, you could always try each one on waxed paper

BlueSkyGirl Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 10:41pm
post #8 of 9

Good idea, ok thanks.

The 1A and 2D look similiar in the photos on the link..

Dayti Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 10:55pm
post #9 of 9

If you only have the 1M you can close the tips inwards a bit to give you the look of the 2D. Stick a rounded tool back up it to get it back to its original shape when your done.

But I agree it looks like a 1M.

Quote by @%username% on %date%