Advice Please!

Decorating By MJbakes Updated 14 Jul 2012 , 2:22am by BakingIrene

MJbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJbakes Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 8:02pm
post #1 of 7

So my HB stand mixer just died on me as i was finishing a batch of BC. I was looking around on some used sites and found a Kitchen Aid Professional series 5qt. Would you pay $200(CAN) for a used mixer? It was owned by a chef, he says he just wanted something bigger but wouldn't tell me how old it is. And he says its very clean. I haven't been able to find one online, I've found a 3qt and a 6qt both price over $500(CAN).
Can anyone give me some advice please?

6 replies
MJbakes Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 7

And I also just got another reply from another add, its a Morphy Richards Mix FoodFusion she wants $60 for it. I'm just confused now more than anything, do I just go get a cheap $60 (it does look really decent but I dont know anything about the brand) and save up for a brand new Kitchen Aid? Or do I splurge and hope a $200 KA doesnt crap out on me after a few months?

MJbakes Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 7

Image[/url]

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 8:21pm
post #4 of 7

I'd go inexpensive if the $60 machine is big enough and wait for the 5 qt KA to go on sale at Canadian Tire. I've seen them as low as $250 around the holidays. Alternatively, if your HB was the 4 qt hand/stand one you could replace it for $70 at Canadian tire:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/8/KitchenBath/2/Appliances/FoodMixers/PRDOVR~0432178P/Hamilton+Beach+Hand%2BStand+Mixer.jsp?locale=en

MJbakes Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 8:34pm
post #5 of 7

thanks for the advice, but does anyone know anything about the Morphy Richards Mix FoodFusion? I've found some stuff, there was even a review that someone posted saying they prefered the morphy richards over kitchen aid, which i found strange, my mom has a KA and ive used it a few times but I love it. But im wondering if anyone has ever used one?

MJbakes Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 8:35pm
post #6 of 7

and yes thats the hb mixer i have. i wouldnt buy it again tho considering i've only had since christmas of 2011

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 2:22am
post #7 of 7

I have bought appliances from this place on Toronto.

They have very reasonable prices on demo models of mixers and their warranties are good.

http://www.aroraelectric.ca/catalog/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%