Buttercream

Baking By Brittany07 Updated 12 Jul 2012 , 11:18pm by Brittany07

Brittany07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brittany07 Posted 12 Jul 2012 , 9:22pm
post #1 of 3

I've been baking and decorating cakes for a little over a year now and I started out with a buttercream that I didn't like anymore. I just tried previously the Italian meringue buttercream which I loved because the flavor was awesome and you can add numerous flavors to it and it was just nice and fluffy, but I used it with a pink champagne cake I have and I got feed back that it was dry. I used to use whipping cream for the pink champagne but it was making the fondant melt. I am now not knowing what to do for a buttercream and a frosting/filling for the pink champagne. Please help!!! I have a cake due in two days and I'm in a loss of knowing what to do.

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Jul 2012 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 3

Which recipe used is really personal. Everyone's taste buds are different and what one person finds dry, too sweet or otherwise another will rave all over it.
Why not go back to your original recipe? What made you change you mind on using it?
I suggest using this b'cream:
http://cakecentral.com/recipe/2-icing
You might even try adding maybe 1 cup of Marshmallow fluff to it.
Most champagne cakes have whipped cream or something very similar for icing.

Brittany07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brittany07 Posted 12 Jul 2012 , 11:18pm
post #3 of 3

That is very true. I changed it because it kind of tasted like it was artificial. Ive been trying to find different cake filling and frosting recipes that are real good moist and that can possibly sit out for a good amount of time especially for wedding cakes. I hate telling them oh you can have your cake but it can only sit out for like 3hours max.
I will try that recipe thank you! And For a whipping cream frosting for the pink champagne should I use a real stiff one so it doesn't melt the fondant right when I walk outside?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%