Bulk Sprinkles

Decorating By harrygus Updated 12 Jul 2012 , 3:48am by Addictive_desserts

harrygus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harrygus Posted 12 Jul 2012 , 2:17am
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone,
So DF and I have decided to go for a happy medium between the big cake and cupcakes that we originally planned to have for our wedding, and the sprinkle covered cake (tutorial was posted on here last week)
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=746238&highlight=
Now we are having a big square cake and smaller square cupcakes, dipped in sprinkles (DFs request), and I am trying to find bulk sprinkles that I can use (sugar pearls, cachous, jimmys, nonpareils, sanding sugar etc) all in white, cream, purple, green and silver. I plan to mix them up and dip the cupcakes in, and hopefully they'll come out OK.
And I am in Australia so not sure if I can order bulk sprinkles from overseas, and not sure I can find them here.
So questions:
A: Can I get bulk sprinkles in Australia?
B: If I ordered them from overseas, would they get into the country as they are food?
C: Does anyone in Australia have a cake deco business who I am able to order sprinkles through?
I am in Victoria if that helps.

4 replies
Addictive_desserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Addictive_desserts Posted 12 Jul 2012 , 3:03am
post #2 of 5

Hi, I'm Melbourne based too! I buy all my supplies from bakeboss! They are by far the best price wise! They are on Swan st Richmond, and yes they sell edible sprinkles by the bulk.
Also if you sign up as a member - its for free - you get 10% of everything!

Addictive_desserts Posted 12 Jul 2012 , 3:07am
post #3 of 5

Hi, I'm Melbourne based too! I buy all my supplies from bakeboss! They are by far the best price wise! They are on Swan st Richmond, and yes they sell edible sprinkles by the bulk.
Also if you sign up as a member - its for free - you get 10% of everything!

harrygus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harrygus Posted 12 Jul 2012 , 3:42am
post #4 of 5

Aw thank you! I am off to Melbourne next week for a major wedding shop-a-thon and I'll go and have a look there. Thank you again!

Addictive_desserts Posted 12 Jul 2012 , 3:48am
post #5 of 5

Pleasure! Another site it www.cakesaroundtown.com.au.
Not sure about bulk but they have a very large range and flat rate shipping!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%