Ices Role Call! Who's Going?

Decorating By FromScratchSF Updated 19 Jun 2013 , 1:01am by dreamacres

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 15

I'll be there to shop on Saturday! Wish I could be there sooner but I have a wedding.

Anyone else going?

Jen

14 replies
tigachu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigachu Posted 11 Jul 2012 , 2:46am
post #2 of 15

I wish I could but I hope to make it next year. Have fun for me!!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 11 Jul 2012 , 2:53am
post #3 of 15

Sitting on GO!!! Started going thru my clothes. Will be my eleventh year.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 11 Jul 2012 , 3:06am
post #4 of 15

11th? That's impressive. This is my 1st icon_biggrin.gif I'll have charge card ready to go - the shopping is supposed to be good. yeah? Hard to find stuff, right?

hollynme2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollynme2 Posted 16 Jul 2012 , 12:43am
post #5 of 15

I thought I'd pack up my daughter and drive from Berkeley to do a one day pass. I went to San Diego and it was costly and can't afford that this year. When I emailed ICES to ask the cost of my daughter attending with me they said it would be the entire amount!! $50 for an 8 year old to shop with her mom!!! I couldn't believe it. I will so miss out seeing and talking to everyone. It's just not in the budget for me to do the drive and have to pay $100 for us to shop.....bummer icon_cry.gif

JanDunlevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanDunlevy Posted 16 Jul 2012 , 1:17am
post #6 of 15

ME! ME! ME! I'm am so excited! My first time ever. I am so new to decorating that I had never heard of ICES last year this time. Can't wait to experience it all! See you there!

funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 16 Jul 2012 , 1:33am
post #7 of 15

Can you please explain what this is please? icon_smile.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 16 Jul 2012 , 3:28am
post #8 of 15

Hi, ices.org. It is a convention for all kinds of decorators. They have demos. I usually sit in around 10. They have hands on classes. They have cake competions, about 300 cakes in cake room. They are not judges. They are from all over the world. My friend and i have been going for 11 yrs. ices.org is the site to go on to register, you might have to register now when you get there. Just check it out. It is really amazing to see all different kinds of work. you may know how to do lots of these things, but you sit and watch someone else show how they do it and you might pick up something new. I tell people , i know a lot, but i don,t think i am a know it all. Hope you get to go . hth

funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 16 Jul 2012 , 3:48am
post #9 of 15

Wow ! thanks for the info. Looks really fun. Unfortunately I won't be able to go this yr. Already have prior commitments. I'm about 6 -7 hrs away. I just got licensed for a home kitchen and haven't gotten any orders yet but hadn't really told anyone either because my daughter just had her baby and was helping out. This sure looks fun for next yr though. Thanks for info
Wendy

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 17 Jul 2012 , 3:34am
post #10 of 15

I'll be there Wed. thru Sun. My 3rd one! Counting the days....(and pennies for the vendor room!) icon_biggrin.gif

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 17 Jul 2012 , 3:39am
post #11 of 15

I wanted to but another commitment. Where are they being held the next few years?

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 17 Jul 2012 , 12:37pm
post #12 of 15

2013 - Lexington KY
2014 - Albuquerque NM
2015 - Omaha NE
2016 - Mobile AL

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 17 Jul 2012 , 11:00pm
post #13 of 15

Thanks

cakewhiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewhiz Posted 17 Jul 2012 , 11:42pm
post #14 of 15

This California Girl has been decorating cakes now for 36 years......I have never been to an ICES convention! When I found out two years ago that it was going to be held in Reno this year, I jumped at the chance to go. I am really getting excited to see all the beautiful decorated cakes, the cake challenge, all the cake decorating supplies at the Vendor Hall, and to see how everyone will dress up "western" at the banquet on Saturday night. Looking forward to learning some new techniques and having a wonderful time!

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 1:01am
post #15 of 15

My DH found out about this and said Go!!!  Having trouble finding a hotel.  For those of you that have been is taxi reliable and easy to get and safe?  Another hotel other then the Hilton or Hyatt they are booked.  Thanks for your help. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%