Thank You Sharon Z!! (Sugarshack)

Decorating By Loucinda Updated 23 Jul 2012 , 9:29pm by ibeeflower

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 1:42am
post #1 of 16

I had the HOTTEST weekend of my cake decorating life this past weekend. I use a version of your icing, and even though it was 100+ degrees, and HUMID - and the A/C was not working at the venue (which was a VERY nice venue here) The cake icing HELD and was PERFECT!! I was on pins and needles after delivery because it was soooo hot, but I got an email from the MOB raving about the cake, and today I got a call from the FOB making sure I knew how happy they were with the cake! THANK YOU for sharing all you do!
LL

15 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 2:11am
post #2 of 16

Beautiful! I also use her icing

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 2:16am
post #3 of 16

Wonderful!! So glad it held up for you! Gorgeous cake, BTW!

mhcl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhcl Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 2:37am
post #4 of 16

That's it. I've been thinking about..no, wanting to buy her buttercream dvd...it's now on my "to do list" tomorrow!
Beautiful cake! And the flowers are beautiful!

Loucinda Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 7:36pm
post #5 of 16

Thanks everyone for the nice comments on the cake. I knew the icing was good, but had never *tested* it to the limits like this before! I was really pleased, and that venue now knows that you do not HAVE to use fondant covered cakes if you don't want to! icon_biggrin.gif (at least not if you order them from me!) thumbs_up.gif

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 10:56pm
post #6 of 16

Sharon's bc is awesome! Your cake is perfect and awesome!

kimbm04r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbm04r Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 11:37pm
post #7 of 16

Very beautiful cake. I use Sharon's icing also, I love it, especially since my husband bought me a cuisinart mixer for christmas. In fact, I have a wedding cake that is due the 29th and I will be using her icing for it also (petal effect). This cake can't be set up until after the wedding (that I am attending) and will have to set in the vehicle for at least 3 hours before I will be able to set it up at the venue.

I just got her flower DVDs and I also love them. If I'm not careful I am going to end up owning every one of her DVDs. icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 12:03am
post #8 of 16

A VERY beautiful cake, Loucinda, and I'm also a convert to Sharon's buttercream. I recently bought her DVD on icing with buttercream, and it's gotten me out of the fondant rut I was in. Not that I'm going to stop using fondant, because I love the way looks, but at least I'm not so limited anymore! And the news about its standing up in 100 degree weather is music to my ears, living in the heart of the tropics as I do (and wouldn't you know it - one of my daughters and my two granddaughters all have their birthdays at the end of August and the beginning of September, the height of the heat here in Cancún)!

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 12:10am
post #9 of 16

Is anyone going to share the recipe or website where I can get it? Hint, hint???

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 12:26am
post #10 of 16

The recipe is easy to find, sfandm. Just go to the recipe section here on CC and put "sugarshack's buttercream" in the search window. The recipe was posted by sugarshack (Sharon Zambito) herself. I can't believe that the addition of coffee creamer makes such a difference, not only in the taste, but in the texture of the icing, but it sure does. It completely eliminated my problem with air bubbles and it's much creamier than regular American buttercream.

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 12:33am
post #11 of 16

Thank you Marianna. Will look now.

Loucinda Posted 17 Jul 2012 , 3:40am
post #12 of 16

I am glad you all love it as much as I do! I can't thank Sharon enough for all she shares! It is a dream to work with! (and thank you again for the nice comments on the cake too!)

ibeeflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibeeflower Posted 20 Jul 2012 , 7:41pm
post #13 of 16

Love and use Sharon's frosting too! I just received the wedding bouquet and OMG the frosting was so incredibly delicious. It elevated the frosting which I didn't think was possible. Sharon you ROCK! icon_biggrin.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 20 Jul 2012 , 8:18pm
post #14 of 16

so glad you guys like it!!! icon_smile.gif

Spooky_789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spooky_789 Posted 20 Jul 2012 , 10:12pm
post #15 of 16

I make her recipe all the time. I love it! One of these days, though, I need to order the wedding bouquet and try it. I normally use vanilla/butter, sometimes a bit of almond, sometimes a bit of cream bouquet.

I remember the first time I made it, I used all cream bouquet, thinking it was the same thing as wedding bouquet. It was really good, but it tasted just like a dreamsicle. Not the flavor I was going for. But I colored it orange, piped it on some vanilla cupcakes, and called them dreamsicle cupcakes. Everyone loved them.

ibeeflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibeeflower Posted 23 Jul 2012 , 9:29pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky_789

I make her recipe all the time. I love it! One of these days, though, I need to order the wedding bouquet and try it. I normally use vanilla/butter, sometimes a bit of almond, sometimes a bit of cream bouquet.

I remember the first time I made it, I used all cream bouquet, thinking it was the same thing as wedding bouquet. It was really good, but it tasted just like a dreamsicle. Not the flavor I was going for. But I colored it orange, piped it on some vanilla cupcakes, and called them dreamsicle cupcakes. Everyone loved them.

I have creme bouquet and wedding bouquet and I'm sad to say I didn't like the creme bouquet. It was by Magicline who has received great reviews but it was too citrusy for me. Now wedding bouquet is just simply delicious. I bought mine straight from the source but I think Global Sugar Art sells it at the same price and they are her bottles. I don't know who it is better to buy from but the bakery that makes this stuff has such great and nice people that I just bought mine from them directly.

But if I ever want to make a dreamsicle cupcake I'll remember this icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%