Wierd Cake Requests??? (Totally Breaking The Law!!)

Decorating By fedra Updated 11 Jul 2012 , 4:03am by MissMona

fedra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fedra Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 12:42am
post #1 of 7

I had the weirdest cake request (and client) today. A young lady called me saying that she went to a party where I made the cakes and she really liked the taste and look of it. She wanted to know if I could make a cake designed in the shape of a certain 5 leaf (I think?), green, illegal plant. It was supposed to be a joke for a police officer friend of hers. At first I said yes BUT then she asked if I would be willing to add a special "ingredient" to the chocolate cake. That's when I told her that unfortunately I didn't think I would be the baker for her. Wow, this girl has cojones and I can't even begin to imagine the liabilities (legal and medical) behind this!!
What's your weirdest cake request?
Fedra

6 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 12:51am
post #2 of 7

I was asked this same question once and I said "I provide food not entertainment".

Brownies with the "extras" are a reason that college kids learn to bake.

DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 1:04am
post #3 of 7

Reminds me of this cake that was posted recently. Not sure what kind of father orders a cake like this for his kid! icon_surprised.gif

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2360910/pot-leaf-cake

momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 1:49pm
post #4 of 7

[quote="DSmo"]Reminds me of this cake that was posted recently. Not sure what kind of father orders a cake like this for his kid! icon_surprised.gif

Probably a father that smokes it right along side of his kid.

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 3:14pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingIrene

I was asked this same question once and I said "I provide food not entertainment".

Brownies with the "extras" are a reason that college kids learn to bake.

HA! That is really funny about the college kids...true though.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 4:33pm
post #6 of 7

One of the other tenants in our commercial kitchen specialized in baked goods made with cannabis for customers with medical marijuana licenses. They were completely legal, at least under California law.

MissMona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissMona Posted 11 Jul 2012 , 4:03am
post #7 of 7

I had this almost same call once. I was mortified! As I was stumbling for words, I discovered it was a prank my friends were playing on me!!!! LOL!!!! Too funny! Thanks for the reminder...I had all but forgotten about that!!!! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%