Any Former Wmis Around?

Decorating By TricycleTreats Updated 9 Jul 2012 , 3:44pm by Wiltonlady

TricycleTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TricycleTreats Posted 9 Jul 2012 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 3

I'm a WMI and have been struggling with making the decision whether or not to quit teaching.

For the former WMIs out there, what led you to quit? What's the procedure to quit? How long did you have to continue teaching before a new WMI took your place? (I'm assuming I'd have to keep teaching until a new WMI starts. I couldn't just tell my store manager my last course will be in August, right?)

Is it possible to quit teaching at the store and be an inactive WMI in case I want to teach in the far future?

Thanks so much for the help and advice!

-- Stephanie

2 replies
Jess155 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess155 Posted 9 Jul 2012 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 3

Hi there! I was a WMI for 3 months. Ha! I got sooo tired of the prep work. I also got tired of the Saturday demonstrations. I enjoyed it, but it just wasn't worth it. I was also pregnant with #4, so it was hard lugging all that stuff to class. I quit without finding a replacement for myself. I gave them 2 weeks notice.

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 9 Jul 2012 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 3

I was teaching all the night classes, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and was working full time during the day.

I was burnt out and before I slapped the students that would constantly say: "I don't remember you telling us to to bring that?" even though everyone else in the classroom knew.

I just told the Michaels manager that I was giving my "two week notice" but, I would stick around until one was found, so I worked another month.

I also asked some of 4th class students if anyone was interested in becoming a instructor, I also walked the new instructor through the classes.

Let me tell you, it was the best decision I had made in a long time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%