How Long Can Wasc W/ Sugarshack's Bc Sit Out?

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 7 Jul 2012 , 9:51pm by cakesrock

cakesrock Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 3

I made a WASC rainbow cake last night (Friday) and haven't decorated it. The b-day party for my 5yr old daughter is Tuesday at daycare. I need to decorate it (using Sugarshack's BC) tomorrow (Sunday) because I'm working the following days. I don't want to freeze it today (Sat) since I"m decorating tomorrow, nor do I want to put it in the fridge because that dries it out, in my experience.
Question: Will it be fine until Tuesday? I've only ever left cake out 3 days. Is 4+ pushing it?
TIA

2 replies
kakeladi Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 3

the depends entirely on your weather. I know it is soooooo very hot in most places & many are having problems with their AC keeping a cool temp icon_sad.gif
The cake should NOT dry out in the frig *IF* you wrap it in plastic wrap, then put that into a plastic bag OR into a cake box that is then put into a plastic bag. It also would help if you could ice the cake 1st. You don't say if you are using BC or fondant but either way that would help keep the cake moist. You can then wrap it as above.

cakesrock Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

the depends entirely on your weather. I know it is soooooo very hot in most places & many are having problems with their AC keeping a cool temp icon_sad.gif
The cake should NOT dry out in the frig *IF* you wrap it in plastic wrap, then put that into a plastic bag OR into a cake box that is then put into a plastic bag. It also would help if you could ice the cake 1st. You don't say if you are using BC or fondant but either way that would help keep the cake moist. You can then wrap it as above.

Thanks for your response, Kakeladi! It is VERY dry here. Even when I put my cake in a container specifically for cake, it dries out in the fridge. It is a little hotter than usual, around 28 ish degrees celcius, but cools down a lot at night. I am using Sugarshack's BC. But if it doesn't work for the ruffle design the way I hope, I may switch to fondant (MMF). icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%