Counter Top Oven

Sugar Work By bakencake Updated 7 Oct 2013 , 9:35pm by -K8memphis

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 10

Have any of you cooked with a counter top oven? do they work for cakes? Which ones are the good ones?

9 replies
dartagnansmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dartagnansmom Posted 4 Oct 2013 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 10

AHas anyone replied to this? I can't seem to find any and I might need to buy a counter top oven and would like a baker's opinion. Did you buy one,"bakencake"?

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 4 Oct 2013 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 10

For personal use, or for production/to sell?

Liz

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Oct 2013 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 10

what kind of counter top oven? sometimes that just means no legs and the oven can be huge-- i have a floor oven and a counter top oven--the floor model is a home oven/range combo and my counter top holds three full size sheet pans--the counter top sits on a stainless steel table --the manufacturer sells legs for it but i chose to get the table--it's a deluxe brand radiant ray cake oven--it's awesome

there's a lot of different types of counter top ovens

be a little more specific

dartagnansmom Posted 6 Oct 2013 , 11:28pm
post #5 of 10

AHi - thanks for your replies. Quite possibly, I might be moving to a cabin - rental- in the Calornia Sierras. It only has a cooktop, nooven. The owners don't have room to on put in a floor stove because of the cabinets. And,, since it is a "family" inheritance, I don't think they want to remodel. Therefore, before I take the place on contract, I am exploring other options for a functioning oven that allowa methe same

dartagnansmom Posted 6 Oct 2013 , 11:30pm
post #6 of 10

AThat allowsme the same functionalities without costing thousands of dollars. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Marie

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 6 Oct 2013 , 11:45pm
post #7 of 10

If this is just for personal use, I have a Breville Smart Oven which is a countertop convection oven.  It is very nice, has lots of pre-settings where different parts heat up depending on the item (cookies, roast, etc.).  I love it, would highly recommend.

But you couldn't do any serious baking in it - you can only fit a quarter sheet pan in it.

Liz

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 6 Oct 2013 , 11:50pm
post #8 of 10

I used to use a portable counter top convection oven in my catering business and I loved it. Enough to buy the same model to bake soufflés to order at a restaurant I worked at. Unfortunately, I don't recall the brand name anymore. It worked every bit as well as an installed oven. The only problem was finding pans that fit it.

dartagnansmom Posted 7 Oct 2013 , 8:49pm
post #9 of 10

AThanks for yor replies:"liz at sugar" and "stitches." I have been looking at options and it does get confusing w/ options and esp. cost. If anyone else has an opinion, please reply. I *might* be looking at some small frozen entree "catering " next year, but that won't be until I settle in - around May 2014. So a toaster oven is too small and a full sheet oven too big. Like Goldilocks in the forest, I am looking for something "just right." Thanks again!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Oct 2013 , 9:35pm
post #10 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartagnansmom 

Thanks for yor replies:"liz at sugar" and "stitches."

but not mine?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%