Input/feedback/advice On Logo Please

Business By wernie Updated 1 Aug 2012 , 6:06pm by pieceofcake561

wernie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wernie Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 12:29pm
post #1 of 20

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of getting everything for my business together. I have gone through an acquaintance of a friend to get the logo/business card done and have been communicating with him via email. I am starting a small business and will be doing a trialing period of my products through a national coffee company (I happened to randomly meet the founder/owner at a conference that had absolutely nothing to do with baking or coffee!). If the trial period is a flop, then that's how it goes, but at least I tried. However, if it works well, then he and I will meet again to discuss production. In the next few weeks I am going to be doing a few hundred custom cookies for them as well. I also have a few people asking if I can do cakes, but the focus will be trying to get the production up and running with the help of the coffee company's connections (as I am doing my PhD so it's hard to do this full-time!).

So that basically sums it up for what I'm doing....now I need to get some input on the logos. The first one is sort of the idea I had in my head, but I don't know about the font and/or if it looks too cartoon-y or kiddish? The second one - I don't like the black/white because it's a bit 'fancy' and the graphic looks more like a hat or something than a cupcake (and I know "from" is spelled wrong). A friend said the second is better from a marketing point of view.....BUT - any opinions/thoughts/feedback would be great AND suggestions on what I could change to improve either! Thank you - I really appreciate it and am glad I can come here for more feedback icon_biggrin.gif

LOGO 1
LOGO 2

19 replies
chloe_52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chloe_52 Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 12:37pm
post #2 of 20

The second logo won't open, it says it is a private page.

wernie Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 12:51pm
post #3 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe_52

The second logo won't open, it says it is a private page.

Okay I think that should work now icon_redface.gif

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 1:10pm
post #4 of 20

I like the 1st one best. It has a funky feel and I like that.

Good Luck

crushed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crushed Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 2:08pm
post #5 of 20

I like everything about the first one except the font.

Good luck!

kimmisue2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmisue2009 Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 2:51pm
post #6 of 20

I like the combination of the cupcake graphic and the font of the second one; however, it says "form" instead of "from," but you've probably already caught that. The first logo is cute, but the font should more closely coordinate with the swirls on top of the cupcake to make it really work.

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 3:12pm
post #7 of 20

I really like the second one it has a ciassic feel to it

mydearbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mydearbakes Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 3:25pm
post #8 of 20

I like the 2nd one! - Its very elegant and classy! =)

magsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
magsie Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 3:30pm
post #9 of 20

How about Love From My Oven Glove - 'cause it rhymes and does not have loving changed to lovin'. Just an idea. The logo could have an oven glove proferring a delicious looking cupcake with a heart shaped chocolate topper on the frosting for example.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 3:50pm
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by crushed

I like everything about the first one except the font.

Good luck!

I agree. Number 1, but the font is too dated.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 3:59pm
post #11 of 20

When I see Lovin From The Oven it reminds me of Pillsbury, their slogan Nothing Says Lovin' like Something From the Oven

wernie Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 1:04am
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiFix

When I see Lovin From The Oven it reminds me of Pillsbury, their slogan Nothing Says Lovin' like Something From the Oven

We don't have Pillsbury here...I'm in Australia icon_smile.gif

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 2:33pm
post #13 of 20

I like the 2nd one(I'd get a better graphic, though). But it's your logo so it really boils down to which one you like best! Good luck! I hope your trial run works out for you! thumbs_up.gif

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 3:01pm
post #14 of 20

It all depends on the image you're trying to project. I agree that the first one is very cartoon-y and a little childish while the second one looks more professional. If you're into "whimsy" the first one is perfect. If you want a higher end appeal, the second one would work better. JMO

pieceofcake561 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceofcake561 Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 5:15pm
post #15 of 20

It sounds like you will be focusing on cookies. You logo should represent this for customers to quickly grasp your concept. Maybe change the picture from a cupcake to a cookie. I like the first logo best though because its more fun.

MimiFix Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 5:37pm
post #16 of 20

Hi Piece of Cake, I like your logo with a piece of cake! [And Liked your Facebook page.]

pieceofcake561 Posted 27 Jul 2012 , 3:07am
post #17 of 20

Thanks so much Mimi. I actually have read your book "start & run a home based food business" twice & keep it for a reference. It's wonderful! I liked your Facebook page back icon_smile.gif

MimiFix Posted 27 Jul 2012 , 10:45am
post #18 of 20

You're welcome, Dianna! And congratulations, Graduate, your new website is excellent. I like that you proudly state you're self-taught. (I have a third book coming out this fall that talks about my self-taught background, too.)

NekosDemon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NekosDemon Posted 27 Jul 2012 , 12:48pm
post #19 of 20

I logged into flickr and it says its a private page, i can not see either one.
icon_sad.gif

pieceofcake561 Posted 1 Aug 2012 , 6:06pm
post #20 of 20

I can't wait to rea it Mimi! Keep me posted

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%