Price For 100 Cupcakes And 10 Inch Round Wedding Cake Help

Decorating By KimErskine Updated 5 Jul 2012 , 3:12am by pmarks0

KimErskine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimErskine Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 1:27am
post #1 of 4

Sorry I seem to always need help. I'm doing 100 cupcakes in 3 flavors for a wedding all cover with BC and very simply decorated. Also 1 ten inch round 3 layer wedding cake with fondant flowers (kinda like peony's) and also BC with small dots all over it. Also pretty simple. I was thinking of charging $300.00. Is that too much? I tried to add supplies, packaging, and oven and it came to approximately $130 -$150. She wants a price tonight so any help would be great.

3 replies
learningtodecorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learningtodecorate Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 2:01am
post #2 of 4

No I don't think it too much, if anything it should be more I just saying. Okay this is how I would do it 1.50 a cupcake, your time, supplies, utility's ( gas that you use to bake the cupcakes in your oven) and delivery.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 2:39am
post #3 of 4

How many hours will it take you to complete this order, including prep, baking, decorating, and cleanup? How much extra annual overhead do you have, such as insurance, licensing fees, accounting, etc., and about how many orders do you fill per year?

Also, which state are you in? Some states require a licensed and inspected commercial kitchen if you are selling food, so if you live in a state without a cottage food law you would need to account for the cost of a rented commercial kitchen as well.

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 3:12am
post #4 of 4

For a simple swirl on a cupcake, I charge $2.50 each, so $250 for the 100 cupcakes.
For the cake, I'd charge $3/serving. A 10" round serves 38 so I'd charge $115 for the cake.
$365 for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%