raniafayed Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 7:06pm
post #1 of

i have a few things i need help with, if anyone can answer my questions i would really appreciate it. I am using a silicone mold for the first time, once i pull out the fondant do i stick it on the cake straight away or do leave it to dry then stick it on the cake? thank u

8 replies
poohsmomma Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 7:12pm
post #2 of

You can do either. Fondant right from the mold will take the shape of the cake better-if, for instance, it's going on the side of a round cake.
If left to dry for a while, they will be more sturdy and easier to work with.

raniafayed Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 6:05pm
post #3 of

so it just depends if i want it to take the shape of the cake or not, is that right? if it doesnt need to take the shape of the cake i can let it dry first, is that right? thank you for ur help

icer101 Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 6:24pm
post #4 of

raniafayed, that is correct.

Lynne3 Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 6:36pm
post #5 of

Another tip - If you are going to dust the piece from the mold, you may want to dust it before applying it. It's a lot cleaned that way

Tjensen Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 9:14pm
post #6 of

Another, another tip lol:
I had to do 150 brooches for a cake recently and I used my luster dust and dusted the moulds with it instead of cornstarch before putting the fondant/gumpaste in the mold... when they came out they were dusted and could go straight to the cake... saved me sooooo much time!

kakeladi Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 10:21pm
post #7 of

.......used my luster dust and dusted the moulds..........

That's fine but it leaves dust in the mold and sometime in the future you won't want that in it icon_sad.gif Some dusts are very, very difficult to get/wash out.

raniafayed Posted 12 Sep 2012 , 10:23pm
post #8 of

I appreciate all the help

DeniseNH Posted 12 Sep 2012 , 10:36pm
post #9 of

Try one, if it stretches out of shape when handled, then leave it on waxed paper for a while to air dry, a half hour should do it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%