Anyone Use Go Daddy?

Lounge By Elcee Updated 4 Aug 2012 , 2:43am by sallyices

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 3 Jul 2012 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 6

I'm so frustrated! I want to put a facebook social plug in on my site (doesn't everyone? icon_smile.gif ). I had it embedded, following their instructions form their forum. Those instructions were to insert the JavaScript in the desired block and then copy and paste the HTML code in the designated spot. It was too wide (but otherwise exactly what I wanted) so I deleted it and tried to tweak it from the facebook side. I couldn't get it to load again. After 2 -3 days of playing with it off and on, I finally got it to load again, only when I published it, I had a scroll bar in the middle of it.

Delete and start over. Day 1: emailed their support team- Day 2: get a reply asking for my pin, respond- Day 3: get an email asking for a screen shot. Decided to just call them instead.

The guy on the other end just kept reading me the instructions that I already had and had already tried 729 times! I had to get firm with him (turned on the school secretary voice icon_lol.gif) and tell him he needed to get help from someone more knowledgable than he is in order to help me. He put me on hold for about 10 minutes and came back and said "It's done".

Well now there's a plug in there but it's NOT the one I want (I want the Like Box, like CC's) but I'm afraid to touch it for fear of starting the whole drama over again!

LOL...sorry this is so long. I'm not even sure at this point if I'm asking for advice or just ranting. Here's a link to the site but please keep in mind that this is still a work in prgress and I'm an NOT, repeat NOT, asking for feedback on the site itself at this time. http://www.icedanddazzle.com

Thanks for listening and reading my long sorry tale icon_smile.gif

5 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Jul 2012 , 11:51am
post #2 of 6

Hmmm . . . I've always found the people on the end of the phone help line at GoDaddy to be patient, knowledgeable and excellent.

Elcee Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 3:56am
post #3 of 6

Maybe I'll call again on Monday. I'll likely get someone different and I won't be as frustrated. He was very polite and trying to be helpful, he just couldn't figure out what was going on and didn't want to admit it icon_smile.gif.

sallyices Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sallyices Posted 3 Aug 2012 , 4:56pm
post #4 of 6

Looks like you have a great web site in the works... if that's "unfinished" then I'd love to see it when it is. thumbs_up.gif

I too know how frustrating it can be. I use GoDaddy, but only for handling domains... I've switched to FatCow for hosting and never looked back. GoDaddy is great for buying domains and other services along those lines, but they aren't the easiest for other aspects of site ownership/upkeep.

Elcee Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 12:11am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyices

Looks like you have a great web site in the works... if that's "unfinished" then I'd love to see it when it is. thumbs_up.gif

I too know how frustrating it can be. I use GoDaddy, but only for handling domains... I've switched to FatCow for hosting and never looked back. GoDaddy is great for buying domains and other services along those lines, but they aren't the easiest for other aspects of site ownership/upkeep.

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif I still haven't fixed the facebook thing and want to try a few things with the gallery page. So, I could keep my domain name with GoDaddy and change my website hosting site? I may consider that when my subscription runs out. I've already paid through next April.

sallyices Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sallyices Posted 4 Aug 2012 , 2:43am
post #6 of 6

Right. That's what I do, I buy my domain names in GoDaddy because I like how they handle domain purchases, then I host my site on Fatcow.com. If you switch, you'll have to transfer all your site files to the new host, hopefully you know how to do that. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%