Tips Pls?

Decorating By Athoora Updated 5 Jul 2012 , 1:44pm by ibmoser

Athoora Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Athoora Posted 3 Jul 2012 , 1:30am
post #1 of 7

Dear all icon_smile.gif

I'm visiting the US, staying in Arlington VA,
I need your advice about:
1- what NOT to miss bakeries in this area of Arlington /DC .
2- if you know about any cake / dessert baking classes in reasonable prices, other than Wilton!

Thank you so much!

Athoora
icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 3 Jul 2012 , 3:19am
post #2 of 7

I'm no where near there, so can't give you any advice - But I do hope you have a great time!

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 3 Jul 2012 , 3:47am
post #3 of 7

Don't just confine yourself to bakeries. Visit the Smithsonian. Visit the Washington Monument (you can take an elevator to the top), and the Lincoln, Jefferson, FDR, MLK, and Einstein Memorials (as well as the various war memorials). Catch a concert at the Kennedy Center.

Athoora Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 3:45am
post #4 of 7

Thank u 😉 already been in Smithsonian today, and didn't. Know that there is an elevator in the Monument ! Thank u ladiesicon_wink.gif still waiting for advice if any coz I still have 2 weeks here!icon_smile.gif)

tigachu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigachu Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 3:56am
post #5 of 7

You should visit the Crumbs bakery in Arlington off of Clarendon Blvd. I have never been but I have heard a lot of good things about it. Just search crumbs . com. You can probably score some baking or cooking classes at Surlatable in Pentagon Row (off of the Pentagon City Metro stop) for a reasonable price. Search their website for this month's schedule.

I don't frequent a lot of bakeries in the area because I work in the Metro area but live farther South in Virginia. I would definitely go to Crumbs if I had more down time in the area. I hope you get a lot of suggestions and have fun!

Athoora Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 7

Thank u Tigachu😄👍

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 1:44pm
post #7 of 7

You can check out DC Cupcakes and Warren Brown's Cake Love in the DC area (both "celebrity type" bakeries), and, for supplies, Fran's Cake and Candy in Fairfax VA. Norm Davis has The Sweet Life in Annandale. It is not a retail bakery, but he is an amazing artist that would know if any classes are going on in the area. Enjoy your stay!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%