Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe That Holds Up In Summer Heat

Baking By deliciousdesign Updated 2 Jul 2012 , 6:17am by cakestomuch

deliciousdesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciousdesign Posted 1 Jul 2012 , 4:41am
post #1 of 3

I am making a tiered wedding cake in late summer and am in need of a frosting recipe that will hold up in the heat. It isn't until September, so the temperature will probably be around 95 at the highest, but we often get temps in the 100's that time of year. They want it frosted in cream cheese frosting. Any suggestions and high temp frosting recipes would be appreciated!

2 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 2 Jul 2012 , 4:24am
post #2 of 3

You can't do it in real cream cheese unless you do as I do... let the cake make a grand entrance just before serving. Keep it cold and take it out (or put it together) just before its debut with enough time to cool down to a nice temp to eat. I do this all the time. When a bride is given this option, she will choose it if she wants that flavor.

cakestomuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestomuch Posted 2 Jul 2012 , 6:17am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliciousdesign

I am making a tiered wedding cake in late summer and am in need of a frosting recipe that will hold up in the heat. It isn't until September, so the temperature will probably be around 95 at the highest, but we often get temps in the 100's that time of year. They want it frosted in cream cheese frosting. Any suggestions and high temp frosting recipes would be appreciated!

Deliciousdesign, Scp1127 has a good idea about entering with the cake right before serving. If the bride wants the cake sitting out for everyone to admire, then what about a creamcheese flavoring? I think it was Loranns that had that flavor. I have never tried it so I really do not even know if it taste any good. Hopefully someone that has tried it will chime in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%