Homemade Ganache Or Store Brought?

Decorating By majormichel Updated 28 Jun 2012 , 9:37pm by Pearl645

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 28 Jun 2012 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 3

I am doing away with buttercream icing. I just don't like it and have decided to use the ganache under my fondant cakes. I noticed a few CC'ers make their own ganache and was wondering have anyone purchased ganache filing to iced their cakes rather than making the ganache as it can be trickly.

Any thoughts?

2 replies
cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 28 Jun 2012 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 3

I have never seen ganache at a store before. Now, that doesn't mean some place doesn't sell it - to be honest I have never looked for it before.

I have made ganache more times that I can count and have never found it tricky. I have read on the forums of people having problems but I have never experienced any issues. Because of this, I would probably always make it and not purchase it.

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 28 Jun 2012 , 9:37pm
post #3 of 3

I too never saw ganache selling in stores. I actually just made chocolate ganache for the 2nd time using the correct 2:1 ratio after being convinced by CCers how great this is for cakes with fondant. Came out nice and shiny. I followed inspired by michelle's youtube video to do this. I found it really easy to make. Waiting for it to set up. Check out her video and see if it is something you might like to try. I did the same microwave technique.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%