How Do I Do This Side Design?

Decorating By CherylWI Updated 29 Jun 2012 , 2:59pm by BakingIrene

CherylWI Posted 28 Jun 2012 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 6

Do you think it's a tip 104? Or a flat tip? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

5 replies
AZCouture Posted 28 Jun 2012 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 6

Oh that's cool!! Looks like it's just a petal tip piped with a VERY steady hand and a good smooth turntable.

AZCouture Posted 28 Jun 2012 , 6:11pm
post #3 of 6

Or the tip you use for basketweave? Just turned around of course.

jewels710 Posted 28 Jun 2012 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 6

This look can also be accomplished by icing the entire cake smooth and using the tip of a round end spatula and a turntable to create the grooves.

CherylWI Posted 29 Jun 2012 , 2:46pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks... turning the turn table is going to be the challenge I think since I do not have a motorized one!

BakingIrene Posted 29 Jun 2012 , 2:59pm
post #6 of 6

You need to practise. Because whether you do this with an icing bag or a spatula, you have to turn with one hand and pipe/ice with the other hand. It's as important to turn smoothly as it is to pipe smoothly.

But either way, you can stop and start overlapping the marks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%