Advice Needed On Baking In Foil Cupcake Liners

Decorating By Pearl645 Updated 14 Apr 2013 , 1:24pm by sweetheart1978

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 27 Jun 2012 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 10

Do you guys use a paper liner inside each foil cupcake baking shell and does the baking time need to be reduced by 2 or 3 mins? I am wondering if I need to use a paper cupcake shells inside each foil cupcake liner.

9 replies
Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 27 Jun 2012 , 6:13pm
post #2 of 10

I believe that is the way that they come, the use of the foil outside of the paper. I believe it is more decoration than anything but I would watch the time because it may have an effect on the cup cake too.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 27 Jun 2012 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 10

I usually remove the paper liners.

poohsmomma Posted 27 Jun 2012 , 8:09pm
post #4 of 10

Emailed the Reynolds Kitchens about this question. Here is the reply I got:

Dear Helen:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Reynolds® Foil Baking Cups.

Reynolds Foil Baking Cups are packed with paper separators to prevent the foil cups from fusing together during manufacturing. These paper separators should be removed before filling the foil baking cups with batter.

Reynolds Foil Baking Cups are strong enough to be placed directly on a cookie sheet without the need for a muffin pan. We recommend placing the foil cups on a cookie sheet and filling each cup 2/3 full. To make this as easy as possible, pour cake batter from a measuring cup with a spout or drop batter from a 1/4 cup measure or ice cream scoop.

Thank you for contacting us.

Jim, Consumer Response
Ref # 1171762

Jess155 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess155 Posted 27 Jun 2012 , 8:32pm
post #5 of 10

Thanks for checking that out Poohsmama! Good to know!

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 27 Jun 2012 , 10:18pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohsmomma

Emailed the Reynolds Kitchens about this question. Here is the reply I got:

Dear Helen:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Reynolds® Foil Baking Cups.

Reynolds Foil Baking Cups are packed with paper separators to prevent the foil cups from fusing together during manufacturing. These paper separators should be removed before filling the foil baking cups with batter.

Reynolds Foil Baking Cups are strong enough to be placed directly on a cookie sheet without the need for a muffin pan. We recommend placing the foil cups on a cookie sheet and filling each cup 2/3 full. To make this as easy as possible, pour cake batter from a measuring cup with a spout or drop batter from a 1/4 cup measure or ice cream scoop.

Thank you for contacting us.

Jim, Consumer Response
Ref # 1171762

lol so basically, while thinking that it is the paper cup to be baked in it is actually the foil one without the muffin tins. That's funny but good to know thanks.

kimbm04r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbm04r Posted 27 Jun 2012 , 10:34pm
post #7 of 10

I always put the batter in the paper liners with the foil one on the outside. You can bake them without a pan if you use the foil. If the foil liners are still in good shape, I then use the foil liners later without the paper liners.......get more for you money that way.

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 27 Jun 2012 , 10:50pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks yal. Will give it a try and let yal know how it came out.

poohsmomma Posted 27 Jun 2012 , 11:11pm
post #9 of 10

I do the opposite of kimbm...I use the foil only for cupcakes that I bake for others because I like the appearance. I keep the white paper liners for family baking

sweetheart1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetheart1978 Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 1:24pm
post #10 of 10

This is what i wanted to find out also! thanks x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%