Cake Boxes

Decorating By 2cakes Updated 15 Sep 2005 , 11:31am by mixaleena

2cakes Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 4:19am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone, I recently made a two layer half sheet cake with whipped cream icing and gel piping for the lettering on the cake, but when I closed the box, the gel on cake got smeared icon_cry.gif at that point I did not know what to do icon_redface.gif , until I decided to use the cake box that has the plastic cover top of cake and plastic bottom as the cake rest on cardboard. But I can't seem to find a web site that carries these types of boxes. Does anyone know of such web site that sells plastic cover top and base cover for cake sizes: 13x17 3/4 = 1/2 sheet cake, 13X9 1/2 = 1/4 sheet cake, whole sheet cake = 13x17 3/4 x2, 9x2 1/2 round cake, etc. Thank you so kindly. icon_smile.gif

5 replies
SweetArt Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 6:22am
post #2 of 6

I found a few sites.
(and they don't make you buy the whole case.)

Sorry, but I have never seen a full sheet container in plastic, only cardboard. I would also call a local bakery and see if they will sell you some. It might be cheaper than having to pay shipping on these.

2cakes Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 4:42am
post #3 of 6

Thank you so very much SweetArt for the search. Greatly appreciated. Not a bad idea to check with local bakeries for the sheet boxes. I checked with my local supermarket to see where they purchase their cake boxes and they would not give out the information, not fair, icon_cry.gif , but I'm sure something will come through for me for the cake boxes. Thanks again. icon_smile.gif

SquirrellyCakes Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 5:15am
post #4 of 6

You might try for boxes.

Joshsmom Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 10:37am
post #5 of 6

Not sure where you live but here in Michigan they have a place called Gordon Foods that has bulk type food with other supplies made for restaurant/catering type businesses. I've gotton the round plastic ones so I would think they have the rectangle size ones too.

mixaleena Posted 15 Sep 2005 , 11:31am
post #6 of 6
This one only carries 13 x 9 though.

Hope it helps! thumbs_up.gif


Quote by @%username% on %date%