Toppers For Wedding Cake Questions

Decorating By sccandwbfan Updated 16 Jul 2012 , 7:00pm by sccandwbfan

sccandwbfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sccandwbfan Posted 26 Jun 2012 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 5

Howdy,

It's been a while since I have been here to bug you guys with questions. icon_wink.gif I am making my first official wedding cake this weekend. I have a problem though. The cakes are 6 8 10 12" squares, simple design and the bride was going to provide the bride and groom. Here is the problem, they are huge and more toys or collectibles than cake toppers. I really don't think they will fit on the 6" tier. Her future mother inlaw is my friend, i would like to make them both happy. The bride has said that she is fine if the toppers don't go on the top, but what would you recommend for showing them?

They are Kingdom Hearts characters if you know anything about them. icon_smile.gif

Thanks in advance,

Christy

4 replies
HootersAlicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HootersAlicia Posted 26 Jun 2012 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 5

Maybe you could design a gumpaste topper to look like the Kingdom Hearts heart logo. You could see if they'd like a monogram in front of the logo too. Just a thought. icon_smile.gif

MerlotCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerlotCook Posted 26 Jun 2012 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 5

You could always simply display them next to the cake. I have done this a time or 2 and think it looks much better than having huge cake toppers.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 26 Jun 2012 , 8:08pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlotCook

You could always simply display them next to the cake. I have done this a time or 2 and think it looks much better than having huge cake toppers.

This. If the cake topper is too large for the cake, it will be displayed next to the cake. Of course this should be run by the customer to give them the opportunity to choose a smaller topper.

sccandwbfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sccandwbfan Posted 16 Jul 2012 , 7:00pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlotCook

This. If the cake topper is too large for the cake, it will be displayed next to the cake. Of course this should be run by the customer to give them the opportunity to choose a smaller topper.

Thanks, I never had a chance to come and look at the replies, but that is what I did. Put them in the middle of the wedding and groom's cake since they wanted them on the same table.

You guys are great people to take the time to answer questions for everyone.

Christy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%