What Is The Earliest I Can Sugarpaste/fondant A Cake?

Decorating By Butterfly87

Butterfly87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterfly87 Posted 26 Jun 2012 , 2:15pm
post #1 of 1

Hi guys

I am in need of some advice!! My friends has asked me to create a 1920s inspired two-tiered 70th Birthday cake (theme is white &back with teal) for her mums birthday party soon and its my third proper cake order- im slightly nervous!! I know I can do it its just a matter of getting hold of the accessories that will make the cake, so black beads to sit around the base of the top layer, and a diamante feather topper, plus trying to get hold of some elegant black lace to wrap around the top tiered cake. Im sooo excited!

However I am going away on holiday for 6 days before the party itself (it wasnt planned) and was wondering if the cake would be ok if I had it covered in fondant for that length of time? I usually freeze the cake and then let it defrost a few nights before, and then add the Sugarpaste and its ready 2-3 days before the actual event. But in this case I am stretched for time and will have to produce the cake up to 6-7 days before. Can anybody recommend any good tips for storing the fondant covered cake? Will the cake still stay fresh? Will the fondant still look fresh?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
icon_biggrin.gif

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%