Sprinkles To Stick The Top Of Cupcakes

Baking By mystsparkle Updated 30 Jun 2012 , 4:08pm by matthewkyrankelly

mystsparkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mystsparkle Posted 24 Jun 2012 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 5

May be a weird question: I'm going to have cupcakes with frosting set up for my daughers bday for kids to decorate with sprinkles,candy,etc... But when I pipe frosting onto my cupcakes, it dries pretty quick..so the sprinkles wont stick to it. I'm wanting to frost them the day before.... Anyone have a good recipe that would work for piping a nice swirl and also that doesn't crust so the decorations have something to stick to? Thanks!

4 replies
TheSweetTreat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSweetTreat Posted 25 Jun 2012 , 12:09am
post #2 of 5

Swiss Meringue buttercream is a great option. Also there's a recipe here for Fluffy American buttercream that tastes like swiss meringue, but is much simpler to make and doesn't crust.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 25 Jun 2012 , 12:09am
post #3 of 5

Have you tried one of the meringue buttercreams? I use IMBC and it's great for cupcakes. I prefer that type of buttercream anyway, but especially for cupcakes. An alternative is Charlotte's Whipped Cream buttercream. It can be used with all shortening, all butter, or any combination of the two.

http://cakecentral.com/recipe/whipped-cream-buttercream-frosting

mystsparkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mystsparkle Posted 30 Jun 2012 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 5

thank you both! ill give these a shot icon_smile.gif

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 30 Jun 2012 , 4:08pm
post #5 of 5

Also consider having a very fine mister available to hit the frosting with about five minutes before decorating. It won't affect the frosting, but will give it a little more stick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%