Is This Ok To Leave At Room Temp??

Decorating By countrymom Updated 27 Jun 2012 , 1:27am by countrymom

countrymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrymom Posted 24 Jun 2012 , 2:28am
post #1 of 7

There is a recipe on here for bavarian cream filling that calls for cream cheese,vanilla pudding mix, milk and cool whip. Is it safe to leave this at room temp, if so for how long?

6 replies
countrymom Posted 24 Jun 2012 , 3:09am
post #2 of 7

I am making a cake for my daughters birthday tomorrow and I just want to make sure I'm not going to male anyone sick...can someone please help me out.

WhistWight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WhistWight Posted 24 Jun 2012 , 3:15am
post #3 of 7

I'm really not quite sure, but when in doubt, I would say keep it in the fridge until close to serving time. I'm sure it will be fine to sit out for a few hours before serving. Hope that helps?

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 24 Jun 2012 , 3:25am
post #4 of 7

Well, that recipe completely doesn't even sound on the same planet as "Bavarian Cream", but OK. I'd say no, that sounds as perishable as real Bavarian cream.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 24 Jun 2012 , 3:27am
post #5 of 7

I agree with the others, that recipe sounds quite perishable. It has a lot of dairy and not a whole lot of sugar.

countrymom Posted 24 Jun 2012 , 3:33am
post #6 of 7

I thougt so, some of the comments on the recipe said they left it out but that just doesn't sound right....lol I know its not a real bavarian cream I would call it a "mock" bavarian cream maybe. It is tasty though. Thank you for all your help.

countrymom Posted 27 Jun 2012 , 1:27am
post #7 of 7

I thougt so, some of the comments on the recipe said they left it out but that just doesn't sound right....lol I know its not a real bavarian cream I would call it a "mock" bavarian cream maybe. It is tasty though. Thank you for all your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%