Hats Off!

Decorating By fcakes Updated 24 Jun 2012 , 2:17pm by cambo

fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 23 Jun 2012 , 10:49pm
post #1 of 7

Had my first ever wedding cake today... 3 tier - 8/6/4 sizes... was so stressed, on the verge of a nervous breakdown... realized how much effort and hard work goes into ALL the cakes I see on here...

I've done thousands of cupcakes, small birthday cakes too, but never a wedding cake.

Thought I should post on here that hats off to all you guys who do those wonderful, pretty, neat and awe-inspiring wedding cakes!!

I also realized today that maybe wedding cakes are not my cup of tea lol!! Not worth the stress and tension... I love my cupcakes!! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 23 Jun 2012 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 7

They're not such a big deal after you're not afraid of them anymore. icon_smile.gif They're scary, then you learn what they will and won't do and they're not as fear-inducing.

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 23 Jun 2012 , 11:16pm
post #3 of 7

The stress is what motivates us. I'm sure all good cake decorators are thrill seeking junkies. There's no greater feeling than delivering the perfect wedding cake then rushing home to download the pictures so you can see it again.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 24 Jun 2012 , 12:01am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseNH

The stress is what motivates us. I'm sure all good cake decorators are thrill seeking junkies. There's no greater feeling than delivering the perfect wedding cake then rushing home to download the pictures so you can see it again.

I personally enjoy cashing the checks more icon_twisted.gif

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 24 Jun 2012 , 3:46am
post #5 of 7
Quote:

The stress is what motivates us. I'm sure all good cake decorators are thrill seeking junkies. There's no greater feeling than delivering the perfect ... cake then rushing home to download the pictures so you can see it again.

ROFLMAO!

fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 24 Jun 2012 , 1:21pm
post #6 of 7

Yes! They are actually scary... and the responsibility is so much!! You don't want to spoil their wedding day... and you want everything to turn out neat...! At one point, my hands were trembling and I was about to cry because it wasn't turning out neat with sharp lines!

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 24 Jun 2012 , 2:17pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:

EXACTLY! And...the checks are awesome too icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%