Friday Night Cake Club 6/22/12

Decorating By catlharper Updated 23 Jun 2012 , 5:09am by catlharper

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 23 Jun 2012 , 2:47am
post #1 of 7

Opening up another session of the FNCC...who's up? Whatcha workin' on??

Cat

6 replies
cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 23 Jun 2012 , 3:01am
post #2 of 7

90% done with a wedding cake for tomorrow. I absolutely hate square cakes. They are so hard for me to ice straight, perfect corners.

catlharper Posted 23 Jun 2012 , 3:05am
post #3 of 7

Hi everyone!

Well, I had an awesome week working on a wedding cake. This particular wedding cake is for an ex-classmate of our younger daughter. They fell out of touch years ago so I was fairly surprised when she came to me for the cake, and more surprised when we got an invitation to the wedding in the mail!
I'm very happy how it turned out and can not wait for her to see it in person.

Cat
LL

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 23 Jun 2012 , 3:08am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cai0311

90% done with a wedding cake for tomorrow. I absolutely hate square cakes. They are so hard for me to ice straight, perfect corners.

i'm doing a square wedding cake for sunday...thankfully! I am soooo glad it's for sunday and fondant covered. do you have a bench scraper and/or a plastic scrapper that you can get at your tool store? they work WONDERS for square cakes. then the trick is to put enough icing on that you can just scrape it to the straightness and corners that you need! good luck!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 23 Jun 2012 , 4:29am
post #5 of 7

My cupcake order cancelled on me but I picked up a small cake order. It was a 6 inch music themed cake that sits in a band hat. It was auctioned tonight and went for $95. Woo hoo!

My daughter and I spent the evening making a diaper cake and a diaper motorcycle for a baby shower we're hosting next weekend. Now I just have to make the real cake!

catlharper Posted 23 Jun 2012 , 4:31am
post #6 of 7

I LOVE those diaper motorcycle cakes!!!! SOOOO cute!

Cat

catlharper Posted 23 Jun 2012 , 5:09am
post #7 of 7

I'm gonna bug out early tonight...the above wedding cake has to be delivered about 150 miles away tomorrow morning so we are getting up early! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%