Crazy Delivery Question?

Decorating By SnLSweetEscapes Updated 24 Jun 2012 , 3:57am by Chellescakes

SnLSweetEscapes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SnLSweetEscapes Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 5

How do you lift a cake that has more than 3 tiers! It is so heavy! I know that a lot of you bring your cakes already stacked to the delivery site. I am just wondering how the heck you get it out of your car and into the venue?

4 replies
Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 5

I always deliver cakes with another person. Four hands will always be better than two. I also put my wedding cakes on cake stands that are raised so our hands can get underneath them to lift them up and out the car. My last 4 tier cake had to go on a hotel trolley and be wheeled in. See what the venue has in terms of a trolley or anything with wheels to help you move it from the car to the reception room. I once carried a 4 tier cake (all cake; no dummies) up a long winding staircase because there was no elevator. It always seems like the logistics of getting a wedding cake into a lot of venues has to be carefully pre-planned.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 5

Yah, what she ^^^ said icon_smile.gif

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 24 Jun 2012 , 3:56am
post #4 of 5

I have my own little trolley that folds up and fits in the car, I have usually found that I can find someone at the venue to carry a cake in for me or lift it on and off the trolley for me.

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 24 Jun 2012 , 3:57am
post #5 of 5

I have my own little trolley that folds up and fits in the car, I have usually found that I can find someone at the venue to carry a cake in for me or lift it on and off the trolley for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%