Edible Image Question

Decorating By Rachie204 Updated 23 Jun 2012 , 3:15pm by Rachie204

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 3

I have only done a few edible images and not been very pleased with the end result of any of them. The last one I did was on buttercream and it just looked greasy in some spots and not in others. I am going to be making a cake in the shape of a pain can. The can will be covered in buttercream and then air brushed black. I want to apply a paint label that has a white background. I am thinking I will need to cut a piece of white fondant and apply the edible image to the white fondant and then attach the whole piece to the buttercream can. Is that right? Any edible image experts know any secrets to getting it to look even and nice? TIA

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 3

Yes, that is the best way to handle this situation. Make that piece of fondant as thin as possible w/o it breaking when handled. Apply it to the paint can while it is fresh. Don't ltet it dry so it will naturally curve to the round can.
When applying the image, very lightly mist the fondant OR cover with a very thin coat of piping gel, making sure it is competely moistened.

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 23 Jun 2012 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 3

kakeladi~ thanks so much for the help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%