Bang! Pow! Help!

Baking By BlueRose8302 Updated 22 Jun 2012 , 8:33pm by jgifford

BlueRose8302 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueRose8302 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 3

I am making this lovely cake for some students of mine....

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1825121/superhero

It is such a cute design and I am having a great time making it. Unfortunately....the toppers that lok like the Bang! star burts....died. I made them out of fondant and when I checked to see if there were dry and ready--they had melted and broke. So--the cake is due THIS EVENING and I am trying to come up with something else. I bought some of the Wilton sugar sheets. Has anyone worked with these? Will they stand up on a stick to make these toppers? Help!!

Thanks!

2 replies
JanDunlevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanDunlevy Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 3

Did you mix some gumpaste with your fondant? Straight gumpaste would not do that. If you need an emergency fix how about some fondant covered rice krispie treats. May be a little thicker than the photo but would work in a pinch. Hope this helps. I'm a newbie so there are probably better answers but this is my best shot.

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 3

Cut out your fondant pieces, then coat the back of them with melted candy melts or almond bark or chocolate, with a lollipop stick in the middle of the chocolate. Let them cool and they should be plenty stiff enough and will stand up on the cake.

I've never worked with the sugar sheets so I can't advise you on those, but I would think they would work fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%