Can't Decide How Many Cupcakes To Sponser Help!!!!!!

Baking By Msmaliksthe1 Updated 22 Jun 2012 , 4:16pm by MimiFix

Msmaliksthe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Msmaliksthe1 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 2:15pm
post #1 of 4

Hello All, I just started a home business selling alcoholic cupcakes. I've been asked to sponser the CW network Expo & they expect to have 3-5k in attendance. My dilemma: The event planner is asking how many mini cupcakes will I donate. I just started my business last year & would like to get them into as many hands as possible but, I know everybody will not partake & I don't want to be left with hundreds of cupcakes. What is a good amount to take? Also any suggestions & tips on making this process any easier would be helpful. Thanks!!!!

Note: The largest amount of minis I have baked is 725

3 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 4

Well, number 1 - - if you're donating the cupcakes, you won't be left with any. It's not like you'll be taking home the leftovers.

Look at it this way - how much would you pay for one-time advertising that's going to reach 5K people? How much does each cupcake cost you to make? Then do the math. Even if they're expecting you to be the sole sponsor of the entire event, you don't have to provide anywhere near 5000 cupcakes.

For mini cupcakes, I personally would put a limit at 400. Bake them ahead of time, wrap well and freeze. Put a swirl of frosting on them the day before or even the morning of - it won't take that long.

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 4

My biggest concern with this would be
1. baking time
2. transport - if you are delivering, how many can you comfortably box and transport.

Will you have the opportunity to advertise in any way at the event?

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 4

Agree with jgifford. And be sure to have a flyer or some type of written material people can take home. (Business cards are okay but tend to get shoved in with all their other cards.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%