Help Bakers! New To Baking. How Would I Make This Cake?

Decorating By Verachka Updated 22 Jun 2012 , 7:43pm by j92383

4 replies
j92383 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 2:39pm
post #2 of 5

I don't think it's buttercream it looks like strips of fondant with the edges thinned out with a gumpaste ball tool. like when you're making flower petals

jgifford Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 3:30pm
post #3 of 5

Yep - fondant ruffles definitely.

Verachka Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 5

Would you have to cover the cake with fondant first then apply the ruffles? Would that be too much fondant or can you apply them to buttercream?

j92383 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 7:43pm
post #5 of 5

You should be able to attach it directly to the butter cream. if it's a crusting recipe just lighlty mist the cake so the ruffles stick.Or you can brush water/extract directly onto the ruffles than attach it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%