Fav Fondant

Decorating By horsecrazy247 Updated 22 Jun 2012 , 6:00pm by mbranko24

horsecrazy247 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
horsecrazy247 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 5:03am
post #1 of 4

hello i am trying out fondant seeing what others like i just orderd some fondx to see what it is like. i have been using the marshmallow fondant but looking at others to as sometimes it dose not come out right.

3 replies
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 8:04am
post #2 of 4

You should like Fondx. This was the easiest fondant I have ever used to cover cakes. I hate Satin Ice some people like it which is great but I had a heck of a time covering a three tiered wedding cake without the elephant skin effect. Took me forever to cover three cakes. Fondarific tasted great but a little pricey on the wallet. MMF has been great but if I am making a large cake I like using Fondx. Have fun playing with fondant.

horsecrazy247 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
horsecrazy247 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 4

thanks was looking at getting a smaple of the Fondarific to. i also just got the THE MAT cant wate to get it also thinking of makeing Michele Foster's Fondant recipe

mbranko24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbranko24 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 4

I highly recommend Fondarific. It is a bit soft but very forgiving and easy to work with. The buttercream flavor is delicious. You can roll it very thin as well so you get bang or your buck. I order mine thru Amazon Prime. I get it in 2 days, free shipping, the 2 pound container is $12.12.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%