brandyl424 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brandyl424 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 1:59am
post #1 of 5

Can you freeze Wilton fondant?

4 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 2:17am
post #2 of 5

I,m sorry, are you asking , can you freeze a cake covered with wilton fondant or the fondant only. Either way, yes, Read other threads here, that tell you all about freezing fondant covered cakes. hth here is one thread. Blakescakes has the answer.She posts on all threads concerning this. There are others , just google

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-740237.html

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 2:26am
post #3 of 5

Here I am!!

Yes, you can freeze packages of fondant, too, if that's what you're asking. Take the package, box & all if you want, & wrap it in saran wrap and some foil. When you defrost it, put the wrapped package on the counter. Let it come to room temp and then unwrap it. It should be like it just came off the shelf. If you unwrap it while frozen or very cold, it'll sweat & be sticky & that forms sugar crystals that make it grainy.

I don freeze mine. It has a shelf life of at least a year if stored in a cool place out of direct heat & light, so it gets used up before it goes bad.

HTH
Rae

hieperdepiep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hieperdepiep Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 7:52am
post #4 of 5

Freezing fondant is not a problem, just wrap it good. But the shelf life is so long you wouldn't probably need it. On a cake it will be fine too.
Thaw it in de frigde, in a carton box. The condensation water then will be absorbed by the carton and will not melt the fondant. Unfreezing can take up to 24 hours. The last bit of water on the fondant will evaporate once outside the frigde.
The cake inside is more of a concern regarding to freezing...

ginger6361 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginger6361 Posted 26 Jun 2012 , 3:57am
post #5 of 5

Fondant will last a year on the shelf? Even if youv colored it already? Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%