Bought Some New Ingredients Today!

Baking By Pearl645 Updated 21 Jun 2012 , 8:11am by scp1127

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 20 Jun 2012 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 2

So I bought some new ingredients today after being inspired by CCers responses to my thread on yellow vanilla cakes. I bought Madagascar vanilla beans, Emborg unsalter butter, French Vanilla liquid coffee creamer and Hazelnut coffee creamer. I usually use margarine in my yellow cakes but was advised that yellow vanilla cakes need quality ingredients for the true flavour to come through. I'm very excited to use these new ingredients as I have seen CCers use a no. of these in many recipes. Have any of you substitued milk in your yellow cake recipes for all french vanilla liquid coffee creamers? I want the moistness of a WASC cake. Should I stick to sour cream or have you had success using 1/2 french vanilla liquid creamer and 1/2 sour cream? Just trying to find the best ways to use these new ingredients in my existing yellow cake recipe. I use the tasty and moist vanilla butter cake recipe from this site. I am also looking at using the Durable 3D Cake recipe under most saved recipes.

1 reply
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 21 Jun 2012 , 8:11am
post #2 of 2

I sub out milk for vegan versions. Just add the fat back. You can put about 1 tbsp butter per cup of milk called for. Put the very soft butter in first and then pour to the liquid to the right line.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%