Cake Pricing Software

Business By jamielynn24 Updated 28 Jan 2013 , 4:33pm by 1234me

jamielynn24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamielynn24 Posted 20 Jun 2012 , 9:36pm
post #1 of 28

Hey Everyone I was wondering if anyone uses a Cake Pricing Software?? I'm just starting out my business & would like to have more of an organization with things. I came along Cake Boss Software for bakers (www.cakeboss.com). Wondering if anyone has heard of this or uses ?!?! Are if anyone would have any other helpfully tips I would really appreciate it!! Thanks icon_smile.gif

27 replies
tattoodmommy1116 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tattoodmommy1116 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 2:23am
post #2 of 28

I was looking at that site too. I haven't purchased yet; however, in researching through this site, I have seen people who have it say that it's wonderful! Summarizing the posts I have read, if you're going to be making many items (for example, cakes, cupcakes, cake pops, etc) it is a God-send. If you are just sticking to one item (for example, you're just making cupcakes and that's it) it's not necessary because your pricing will be more streamlined. After what I've read, I plan on purchasing it!

SweetSouthernBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSouthernBakery Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 2:59am
post #3 of 28

I bought this software a little while ago and I have to say that I will NEVER regret buying it. It's great!

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 4:46am
post #4 of 28

The Cakeboss software has been a huge help. Sure you can do many of the things it's designed for using EXCEL or some other programs but if you're looking for convenience and would like most of your information to be in one place, Cakeboss is a great investment. You can manage customer info with it, use it as a resource to manage pricing, recipes, ingredients and materials. I highly recommend it. They have really good customer service too.

sarahp7467 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahp7467 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 5:03am
post #5 of 28

Cakeboss was one of the first things I invested in when I started my business. I have been using it for 3 years now and LOVE it. It has taken me a while to get all of my information entered and I am still not using it to its full potential but it is definitely worth the money. icon_biggrin.gif

jamielynn24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamielynn24 Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 1:25pm
post #6 of 28

Thanks Everyone icon_smile.gif I think this is a purchase I will be making soon!! I do a verity of sweets & I want something that I can keep track of everything in one spot! So thank y'all so much icon_smile.gif I'm sure it will take me awhile to get use to haha

Writecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Writecakes Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 1:25pm
post #7 of 28

I purchased Cake Boss but lost it when my computer crashed and we moved to a MAC. Let me tell ya, not a day goes by where I don't wish I had it again! It makes everything so much easier, saves a ton of time and gives you a lot of security knowing the value of your product. I highly recommend it.

Writecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Writecakes Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 1:26pm
post #8 of 28

Also, I think there is still a money back guarantee on it if you don't want to keep it after the first month? So you can give it a try first to see if it's for you icon_smile.gif

JillyPlot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillyPlot Posted 22 Jun 2012 , 4:10pm
post #9 of 28

Everything I've seen and read about it makes me REALLY want to get it, but I know that I will be getting a Mac when I get a new laptop (probably within the next year), and it's not compatible with Mac so I don't want to spend the money on it for such a short time. icon_sad.gif

YadaYada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YadaYada Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 5:15pm
post #10 of 28

Hello all. I am very interested in purchasing the CakeBoss software. A couple of minutes ago I had noticed that the software update is two years old. Do they have annual software updates or is the 2010 the latest they have and will have for a long while?

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 6:14pm
post #11 of 28

Our first version was in 2007, and the next was in 2010. We are currently developing the newest version, which is an online version that will run in a browser on any internet-enabled device. We hope to release it by the end of the year. However, we do realize that some people may prefer to stay with the current version, which is installed on your own PC and does not require internet access.

YadaYada Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 6:54pm
post #12 of 28

Thank you very much for the fast response. I just purchased the software. I can't wait to start! I have another question though. Being that there will be another software update by the end of the year, will current software owners have the option to upgrade for free or a discounted price?

kelleym Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 6:55pm
post #13 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by YadaYada

Thank you very much for the fast response. I just purchased the software. I can't wait to start! I have another question though. Being that there will be another software update by the end of the year, will current software owners have the option to upgrade for free or a discounted price?

Yes, current owners will receive a discount on future versions.

YadaYada Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 7:01pm
post #14 of 28

Thank you once again! Hope everyone enjoy's their 4th of July!

JillyPlot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillyPlot Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 11:02pm
post #15 of 28

Do you know if the new version will work on a Mac? That's what I plan on getting when my computer dies (it's getting old and having problems).

kelleym Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 12:02am
post #16 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyPlot

Do you know if the new version will work on a Mac? That's what I plan on getting when my computer dies (it's getting old and having problems).

Yes, it will run on your browser (Safari), through the internet.

sweetrevelations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetrevelations Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 8:04pm
post #17 of 28

I am planning on purchasing this software this week. However, I know that I will be getting a new laptop soon and am wondering if I will be able to transfer everything over?

kelleym Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 8:10pm
post #18 of 28

Yes, it's quite easy. icon_smile.gif Email [email protected] if you need any help.

lissyUK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lissyUK Posted 12 Jul 2012 , 8:47pm
post #19 of 28

I'm downloading it now! Excited to start being organised, but so nervous about seeing how much I've been undercharging!

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 7:27pm
post #20 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleym

Our first version was in 2007, and the next was in 2010. We are currently developing the newest version, which is an online version that will run in a browser on any internet-enabled device. We hope to release it by the end of the year. However, we do realize that some people may prefer to stay with the current version, which is installed on your own PC and does not require internet access.

I was just wondering, when will you have more information on the new version? I want to buy the software, but first I'd like to compare both versions to see what is the best for me.

kelleym Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 7:30pm
post #21 of 28

I will post more info as soon as I have it. icon_smile.gif

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 11:57pm
post #22 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleym

I will post more info as soon as I have it. icon_smile.gif

Thank you!

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 5:32am
post #23 of 28

Hi Kelley:

I bought the original software many years ago, I tried playing with it but I didn't quite figured it out.
When the new update came, I got a free beta version and then when I didn't update it didnt go back to normal.
Since then I have changed computers and I am thinking about upgrading. Can I still do that?
Thanks

kelleym Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 3:28pm
post #24 of 28

Yes, please email [email protected] to discuss with our support team icon_smile.gif

sweetscene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetscene Posted 23 Jul 2012 , 5:26pm
post #25 of 28

i bought this yesterday and still tooling around in it. Is there a manual or a help page? I really can't figure out how to say add my recipe so that when i price a cake, click on white chocolate, it's there with a dollar amount. Do i just set a price or add all the ingredients somewhere?

kelleym Posted 23 Jul 2012 , 5:48pm
post #26 of 28

Please check out the How-To Videos on our web site, and if you have questions email them to [email protected]. Thanks. icon_smile.gif

hema128s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hema128s Posted 28 Jan 2013 , 6:29am
post #27 of 28

Hi! wanted to ask if there is a release date for the browser version for the software? thanks!!

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 28 Jan 2013 , 4:33pm
post #28 of 28

I bought this over Christmas.  I love how I can keep all my customers info in one place.  I love how it breaks down the price for me.  It has been great....but.....

I have been in this business for 6 years and I am so attached to my OLD way of tracking orders, that I decided to use them both.  I am more of a visual person and like to see the order written out on a sheet of paper on the prder form I made for myself.  I think it is just an old habit that is hard to break.  So for someone starting out, I think you will LOVE it.  For someone who is already well established, you will love it too to keep all info in one place.

I found it very user friendly.  I figured it all out within a day or two!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%