Fourth Of July!

Decorating By Firestarz Updated 20 Jun 2012 , 11:55pm by hbquikcomjamesl

Firestarz Posted 20 Jun 2012 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone!! I'm trying to get an idea for a Fourth of July cake for a bbq being celebrated at my aunt's house. There will be about 30 people there so I don't need anything huge. I'm only 13, and don't have the space or skill to do anything on a big scale. I'm thinking obviously red, white, and blue, but was looking for a design idea! Any and all ideas are helpul! Thank you in advance!!

~Bailey usaribbon.gif

3 replies
FrostThis Posted 20 Jun 2012 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 4

you should take a look at the Wilton site. They give great instruction for holiday projects and even list the supplies you need.

kakeladi Posted 20 Jun 2012 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 4

If you go into the galleries on this site you will find over 450 4th of JUly ideas icon_smile.gif And.......if you google 'fourth of july cakes' you will find 1,000s more.

hbquikcomjamesl Posted 20 Jun 2012 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 4

Hmm. For something simple, maybe just pipe a picture of the Liberty Bell onto a plain ordinary sheet cake? Or for something more complex, how about a picture of Independence Hall?

Looking at the galleries, I note that both have been sculpted (the former as a cake, the latter as a gingerbread house).

Probably too ambitious to try and fit the entire Declaration of Independence onto a cake, even as an Edible Image!

Quote by @%username% on %date%