How To Make Marigold Flowers???

Decorating By majormichel Updated 21 Jun 2012 , 12:11am by majormichel

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 5:14am
post #1 of 7

Can someone please tell me how to make these marigold flowers? I absolutely love how flush they look.

Thanks
LL

6 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 7

Oh, wow, that's a beautiful flower. It looks like each petal was cut, ruffled and placed separately. I can't think of any way to do it that wouldn't be a ton of work, though.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 7

Maybe you could take a long strip, frill it, and then bunch it up. Kind of haphazard but it would save you a lot of time.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 7

You attach the petals starting from the centre and working outwards. You just stuff as many petals as you can into each circle. The contour of this finished flower should be a half sphere with a flat bottom.

Marianna46 Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 8:24pm
post #5 of 7

That's a good idea, Annie. I just made some carnations with a cutter that might work, too, if you bunched it up just right. It's a circle with several cuts along the outer edge. The edges aren't pinked, but are rather tiny clips that go from the outer edge toward the center of the circle (got them at Global Sugar Art). Once they were frilled, they made nice raggedy edges for the carnations, on the order of what the edges of this marigold look like.

Marianna46 Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 8:32pm
post #6 of 7

Hmmm, I think our posts crossed in the mail BakingIrene! I'd say your instructions are right on the mark, and I think the important part is "stuff in as many petals as you can" - this flower looks like it has a LOT of petals!

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 21 Jun 2012 , 12:11am
post #7 of 7

Thanks guys, for the info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%