Top Tier Of Wedding Cake

Decorating By nicoles0305 Updated 19 Jun 2012 , 3:49pm by unctoothlady

nicoles0305 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles0305 Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 6

I've never thought to charge for the top tier before if the client chooses to save it for the one year anniversary. Is it common to charge for it? And how much do you charge for it? Is it a flat fee, or based on servings in this case? TIA

5 replies
unctoothlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unctoothlady Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 6

As an added 'perk' I usually don't charge for it. Definitely don't include it in the amount of servings.

It's their gift from me.

Sandylee05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandylee05 Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 6

I always tell them the top tier is my gift to the bride and groom. They always appreciate it , and they know it was not an over sight.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 9:14pm
post #4 of 6

Yeah, what she ^^^ said icon_smile.gif

MerlotCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerlotCook Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 1:10pm
post #5 of 6

I charge my regular price for the top tier, and then offer a free 6" cake for their 1st anniversary.

unctoothlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unctoothlady Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 3:49pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandylee05

I always tell them the top tier is my gift to the bride and groom. They always appreciate it , and they know it was not an over sight.

Oh yeah, I let them know this also. They are usually happy to hear. But I also will offer to make it a year out for free if they don't want to freeze. Then they are charged for the top tier since it will be used. IT is their responsibility to remind me to make the cake. It's in the contract! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%