Disney Figurines Not Specific For Cakes

Decorating By luvscrystalsluvsbaking Updated 18 Jun 2012 , 5:17pm by Jeep_girl816

luvscrystalsluvsbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvscrystalsluvsbaking Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 1:06pm
post #1 of 3

Hi
I have a cake order for a 6yr olds birthday. The characters for the cake are fairly new, so i cant find any cake figurines but i found regular kids toys but am not sure if they are safe to put on a cake or if there is a way to make them food safe if possible. I could make the characters with gumpaste but am terrible at making characters they never look like the real thing.

Can any advice on what would be the best thing to do

Many thanks

2 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 2:03pm
post #2 of 3

Generally toys and figurines are non-toxic since children play with them, so I wouldn't worry about it. I wash them very well and if necessary make a small ball/mound of fondant for the figurine to stand on. That way you can just take the figurine and the fondant off the cake and not have to worry about it actually touching what people are eating.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 3

I agree a smooshed ball of fondant or frosting blob should be fine. If you're really concerned you could use a bit of wax paper under it too. Toys are supposed to adhere to pretty strict leadtesting after that fiasco a few years ago so you probably have nothing to worry about icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%