Rv With Cream Cheese

Decorating By Bean123 Updated 18 Jun 2012 , 9:47am by scp1127

Bean123 Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 1:13am
post #1 of 3

I've been asked to make a red velvet cake with cream cheese filling and covered in fondant. How do I store it? will it be ok refrigerated? I've never refrigerated fondant cakes.

2 replies
sweettreat101 Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 1:25am
post #2 of 3

What kind of cream cheese filling are you using? If you are using the cream cheese filling in the pastry sleeve you don't need to refrigerate the cake. You can also use certain cream cheese butter creams that don't require refrigeration. I like Kathyf's recipe.

scp1127 Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 9:47am
post #3 of 3

Yes, cream cheese buttercream must be refrigerated. The non-perishable subs will not taste anywhere near the same.

You can refrigerate your fondant. I think I have had to refrigerate every one of mine due to perishable elements. There are many threads about refrigerating fondant. The search doesn't work well on CC, but you can google "refrigerating fondant on cake central" and the information will come up. Or you can start a thread if this one doesn't answer your question.

Even though I do it successfully, there are many members who have more experience and can give better advice. If no one answers, pm me as I may not look at this thread again. I'll be happy to share.

Quote by @%username% on %date%