??how Do I Make White Chocolate Fondant??

Baking By Helenw78 Updated 17 Jun 2012 , 11:31pm by MadMillie

Helenw78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helenw78 Posted 17 Jun 2012 , 3:47am
post #1 of 6

how do i make white chocolate fondant like they had on cake boss for the toilet episode? If anyone can share a recipe I am using it for my God daughters cake as she hates normal fondant.
Thanks

if you dont want to post happy for a pm with recipe......please

5 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 17 Jun 2012 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 6

If you have been watching cake boss, then you may have heard them say that they use a mix of fondant and modelling chocolate for some of their cakes. They have said that they mix equal weights of the two.

White modelling chocolate can be made at home the same way as other kinds of modelling chocolate but you have to use real white chocolate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_chocolate and not candymelts/coating.

Recipe http://cakecentral.com/recipe/modelling-chocolate and you can use "ounces" 30 ounces chocolate + 9 ounces by weight corn syrup

You may also find it easy to just use the white modelling chocolate by itself, if you work in a coolish room 65F with chilled crumb-coated cake.

Helenw78 Posted 17 Jun 2012 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 6

thank you so much for the info BakingIrene. I've only watch 2 episodes so I might have missed that info. I have great recipes for fondant and modeling chocolate. I will trial the recipe in the next few days. Thank you again icon_smile.gif

Helenw78 Posted 17 Jun 2012 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 6

thank you so much for the info BakingIrene. I've only watch 2 episodes so I might have missed that info. I have great recipes for fondant and modeling chocolate. I will trial the recipe in the next few days. Thank you again icon_smile.gif

Helenw78 Posted 17 Jun 2012 , 10:56pm
post #5 of 6

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 17 Jun 2012 , 11:31pm
post #6 of 6

Jennifer Dontz also has a recipe for white chocolate fondant. It sounds like or is similar to the one posted by BakingIrene.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%