Ideas??? 50Th Bday- Paris/france Theme

Decorating By MaurorLess67 Updated 19 Jun 2012 , 12:26am by MaurorLess67

MaurorLess67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaurorLess67 Posted 17 Jun 2012 , 3:12am
post #1 of 6

Hi Guys-

My friend will be celbrating her 50th birthday- I have volunteered to make the cake- I had an idea in mind-- thought it was great- ready to go. She just called and said she would love a Paris/French themed cake, as we are traveling there in the next few weeks-

Any suggestions on colors, style theme??? ANYTHING will help-

I think that a 2 tier will be plenty- my skills are getting better- but I'm not a pro-

Thank you in advance for any ideas you throw my way-

Mo

5 replies
MaurorLess67 Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 1:27pm
post #2 of 6

Still looking for ANY, really ANY suggestions-

color, theme. style, decorations, etc?-- I'm starting to get anxious that I have not been able to put something together for this one- I just cannot wrap my brain around a French/Paris theme?? I guess I'm not really sure what that is--

Thank you in advance for any guidance- it will be much appreciated-

Mo

ranae5463 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranae5463 Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 6

Go to the gallery section on this site and search for paris, france. There are lots of cakes in there that might give you ideas. I do this all the time for inspiration. You can take elements from one design and incorporate into another.

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 6

There are all sorts of wonderful designs and inspirations if you look..from poodles to Effel towers, teacups and beautiful work. I am no where near the level of those but here was the one I did for my daughter's sweet 16, if I can do it ....then it couldn't have been that difficult. The tower took a while but just go slow and make it in several pieces. Best of luck and I can not wait to see what you come up with.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2010406/2282984/birthday-cake-photos

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 5:20pm
post #5 of 6

In Google Images (see link), it looks like the Eiffel Tower is the most popular theme. Personally, I like the flat cake with the map of Paris (http://paradoxoff.com/cakes-as-art.html). That one could even have little gumpaste/fondant landmarks if you have that skill (I don't), such as Eiffel, Arc de Triomphe, Sacre Coeur, Notre Dame, etc.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1456&bih=1027&q=paris+cake&gbv=2&oq=paris+cake&aq=f&aqi=g8g-m1&aql=1&gs_l=img.3..0l8j0i5.2071.4582.0.4710.10.10.0.0.0.0.87.804.10.10.0.ciatsh.1.0.0.EQbW_V8sar4

MaurorLess67 Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 12:26am
post #6 of 6

You guys are the BEST!!!!! I wasn't even sure what I was looking for- now I know what I should be looking at- I will pull ideas/colors and theme from all the ideas, pics and suggestions- I can not thank you all so much- I can now get a full night of sleep!!!

Lucky- your cake came out GREAT- really great!! that eiffel tower is amazing!!!

:Thank you again-- I will start posting pics of some of my cakes- I just feel so self-conscience about them-ugh-- I'll get the nerve up soon-

Mo

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%